Sunday, February 13, 2011

green light

When I asked him to pray for me, I knew that most of the time the Father spoke to him in pictures.

When God speaks to me, I get words.  And I was needing a visual.

So a few days later, when he came to me with a picture, I was deeply pleased.  Thankful that God speaks to us all in different ways.

Funny thing.  God used Abe's picture to echo what His words had been telling me.

Either way.  I will be with you either way you go.

-

He saw a picture of me standing at the crosswalk.  Waiting to see which light would turn green.  Which way?  Which way should I go? 


-

It was no coincidence that I saw him then, a few days later.  Walking down the busy street in the rain, with sunglasses on.  Carrying a heavy backpack and wearing dirty shoes.

Drawing my attention to him as he came to stand at a crosswalk.  And looked both ways waiting for the light to turn green.

-

It's the simple things.

The simple things that let me know that the Father is watching and listening and walking along with me.

That He knows how I hear.  

No comments: