Sunday, February 6, 2011

go.

January 29th:

One of these days, I will flip back through my old journals and scroll through these old blogs and I will think: well, that makes sense.

One day, I will be with Jesus. And I will see how my tiny role fits into the scheme of eternity. I will see how I played a part in His redemption story.

Here's some things I'm learning, slowly but surely:

1) When your heart is all wrapped up in God's, you can begin to trust your desires.
2) As hard as it is to choose between good and good, it is truly a blessing
3) Being given the option to choose, from the Father Himself, is the greatest display of His love and trust. God trusts... me?
4) Maybe there are no signs. Maybe... I just want this. And maybe that is ok.
5) When people say "you should do that while you're young"... they're telling you the truth.
6) I want affirmation, justification, and approval from you.
7) Your affirmation, justification, and approval are not what I need.

So in a few years, when I come back to this blog and I laugh to myself and think... "there's no way I could have known"... hopefully I will remember. Remember what got me here. Remember what it felt like to hear Jesus' voice every time the wind blew. And to have an ache so big in my heart. To have my very pulse beat with the rhythm of African drums. To look in the mirror and realize I've changed. And to look at my life and remember...

I have one. One life. One chance. One story.

Go.

No comments: