Sunday, January 31, 2010

clueless

I don't always know what is best.

My heart belongs to You. And the closer I draw, the nearer I come, the better I can see.

But I still can't see it all.

I hear better than I used to.

And I am able to recognize Your hand at work.

But there are things You keep me in the dark about.

If only so that my prayer will continue to be, "Your kingdom come, Your will be done."

May we never become so accustomed to Your presence, to Your voice, that we fail to admit we are clueless.

Or stop and stand very still in the darkness and call Your name.

"Your will be done," we pray.

We ought to be willing to surrender.

To ask permission. To seek guidance.

Instead of asking for a blessing on a path we've already begun to walk.

Draw us close, keep Your secrets, bestow Your love.

May we be your faithful children.

Your trusting little ones.

May we always feel the need to reach up and grab Your hand.

No comments: