Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Faithfulness

Ever since this particular "climb" began with the Father this summer, He has been whispering to me about His faithfulness.

It was a concept that was not fully fleshed out for me. Everywhere I turned I heard Him whisper a new truth. But it had not come full circle. I could not quite grasp the concept.

There is nothing complicated about this.

Nothing absurdly profound.

But tonight I am overwhelmed.

Tonight, it clicked.

Our Father is faithful and just.

My hands are shaking. My heart is so swollen I can barely breathe.

-

Tonight, He has answered prayers ten-fold.

I am swimming in truths about His love.

About His concern for my life - my small, finite life.

How He hears my voice when I call His name.

-

Last night I met my half-way mark for funds for my trip to Ethiopia in two weeks.

Every person that has contributed so far has gone above and beyond - blessing me with their generosity and their thoughtfulness. Bless their hearts, I have been so encouraged.

But as the date grew closer and closer, I began to wonder if I'd raise all $2500.00. Of course I would, I told myself. And I distinctly heard the Father remind me that the closer it gets to February 11th, the more glory He'd get out of providing.

He's dramatic, this God I love.

He likes attention.

So after reaching my half way mark last night I was thoroughly encouraged. This story has been too wonderful, too surreal, for it to be hampered by something as earthly as American dollars.

-

Tonight, exactly the other half of my support money was provided.

Completely unexpectedly.

I was handed an envelope.

And truth exploded inside of me.

He is good, this Father of ours.

"Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies." (Psalm 37:5)

Because not only was my trip funded in a matter of moments...

but I was reminded of the gift of community I have been given.

I was called a missionary.

I was told I was loved.

And in an instant, had there been any doubt at all, I was sure I had found a place I belonged.

-

All Glory to Him, the Lord of Lords.

-

Upon leaving, one of my best friends hugged me and whispered in my ear "faithful, faithful, faithful".

The tears I had tried to suppress all night long just started falling.

In everything, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not, He is faithful.

Whether or not we can see - He is ever faithful.

Something clicked.

-

I believe it.

No comments: