Sunday, April 5, 2009

Vessel

I am a vessel.
Created for a purpose.
Filled.
But without You I am not full.

Broken, I am shattered to pieces.
Whatever I carry, spilled to floor.
Counted as loss.
Of no real worth to me. Or the world.

I am pieced back together by Your gentle hand.
Though empty and scarred
Uneven and cracked.
I am whole.

Faced with a decision.
To return -
To be filled again with that which shatters me.
That which has no meaning.

But instead I turn to You.
A vessel, I am, begging not to be filled.
But to be full.
To carry within my walls something of worth.

And You pour into me.
You do not stop.
Until I am not full,
but overflowing.

I am full now.
Of light.
Overflowing with love.
A vessel, saturated in Your presence.

A vessel.
Broken and emptied -
Again and again, only at Your feet.
I was created for a purpose.

To carry Your light.
To be a place in which You dwell.
A vessel.
A temple.

No comments: