Friday, April 10, 2009

The Veil

I represented your separation from God.

A physical reminder of how far you fall short of glorifying Him - of being good enough - holy enough.

Until that day.

When Yahweh's love became too big to be contained behind my folds.

Too powerful to be constrained by my length.

I was privy to the workings of both the world and the Holy of Holies.

I saw all who were deemed worthy to enter into the Lord's presence.

I saw how much the world needed Him.

As if the Heavens had erupted
Suddenly all the light either world knew-
radically transformed.

I, being the manifestation of separation, could no longer contain the love which swelled from inside.

Which began in the holy place

And needed more room.

In agony, in utter devotion, in purest love, the Almighty stepped down.

I saw Him reach.

He reached for you.

I was the symbol of the I Am's separation from the ones He loved most.

To get to you, I was torn. Rent, from top to bottom.

He came down to meet you. Stretched beyond the ancient and sacred confines to love you.

No comments: