Wednesday, August 22, 2007

αλάβαστρο

I think He is breaking my heart.
My knees hurt--
I know I should be on them constantly.

My words are not enough these days.
Insufficient.
Lacking.

I feel like Mary.
Loving Him.
Needing Him.

Not having the words to tell Him.
I wonder if she, too, was completely out of words.
She didn't know what to say.

Every verbal profession of her love,
of her devotion, missed the mark.
Fell short.

All she could do was break her alabaster.
Fall to her knees.
Wash His feet with the best she had.

There's nothing fancy about the way I love Him.
There are others who love Him more,
harder, stronger, more diligently.

But here I am.
Loving Him with all the love I know.
Breaking my alabaster.

The best I have,
broken,
at His feet.

2 comments:

ICECAZ Productions said...

this reminds me I wanted to know if you wanted to write and perform a poem for a church video. I'll call you with the details.

Tamera said...

The alabaster was enough. He said she had done a "beautiful thing" to him. Keep doing your beautiful thing...it will be enough.