Sunday, March 24, 2013

Smoothies

My friend gave me a crock pot and a blender last week.  Undoubtedly these things will change my life.

Yesterday, after a pretty intense weight training circuit at the gym, I came home and made a smoothie from a recipe I'd found on Pinterest.

Sometimes thing aren't complicated.  And those simplicities deserve some attention.

Here is the recipe.  I may change a few things next time, as the oatmeal left a chalky aftertaste.

I am at the point in my life where a strict, weight loss diet is neither desirable or logical.  I need as much energy as I can get.  And I am not unhappy with the dimensions of my body.  The shape, well, that's a different story.  But no crash diets for this mama.

My biggest struggle is not having time to eat real meals.  I love to cook and (when I have the time) am great at it.  But there never seems to be time.  The blender and the crock pot have already effectively changed that. Not to mention sparked a level of culinary creativity in me.

Hopefully over the next few weeks, I'll set some concrete goals, and you will get to join me on a journey of health and experimentation.

No comments: