Sunday, March 10, 2013

Apology

I'm sorry.

The words echo in my ears and I say them, repeatedly, knowing he doesn't know what they mean yet.

Unfortunately the reality of this world is that "I'm sorry" is often said and not meant, or never said when it should be.

And just six months into his little life, I already find myself begging his forgiveness.

Some stories don't need to be told.

But today marks the day of redirection.  A day, I can only pray, is a milestone.  That from this day forward, we only learn how to do better.  Just he and I.

I pray one day he will accept my apology, especially for those things out of my control.  That he might trust my judgement and be confident in my unconditional love for him.

And that one day I'd forgive myself and find someone to teach him how to shoot a basketball and lift the heavy things in our house.

No comments: