Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Graduate

I don't really remember this.  But I know she was the first baby I ever held.

I remember being put in the car in (what I thought was) the middle of the night.  I remember coloring in my grandparents living room until sunrise.

I remember being sad she wasn't a brother.

I remember blow drying her hair and the horrible leg cramps she used to get.

I remember a ring-around-the-rosie game, which resulted in the scar she still bears on her eyebrow.

I remember her first dance recital.

Her first job interview.

Her first boyfriend.

-

What I don't remember is when she grew up.

Or when she became one of the very best friends I've ever had.

I told someone the other day, if given the choice I'd spend time with my little sisters over almost anyone else in the world.

-

I can only pray she's learned from some of my mistakes.  Benefited from being both a little sister and a big one.


She has a whole life ahead of her.  The whole world at her fingertips.  

No comments: