Thursday, March 11, 2010

Love Story

I am learning about His love.

About His strength.

About His faithfulness.

The way the path was set before me - but in His infinite wisdom, He did not let me see all the twists and turns.

I am who I am because of where I have been.

But I don't know yet what I may be - the concept of potential and growth.

I cannot see that far ahead.

But He is constantly refining.

Redeeming.

Restoring.

And something has been ignited inside of me that refuses to be quiet.

There are moments when I am able to drown out the entire world, and my ears are filled with the sounds of His whispers.

Lately, He's just been whispering about love.

His love.

His unconditional, relentless love.

He is teaching about faith.

And how sometimes faith means trusting Him, even when He says no.

No to healing. No to leaving. No to staying.

He is teaching me about His passion for me.

And giving me a taste of His goodness -

reminding me that He doesn't have to show up.

It is not in His job description as Almighty to reveal Himself to us.

To me.

But yet there He is... everywhere I turn. I cannot hide from Him.

He has helped me learn how we talk the best - the Lord and I.

He has whispered truths to me, and put concrete evidence in my face.

He has taken up residence in between my shoulder blades, let me slip my small hand into His large one.

Encouraging me, calling me, to walk in His footsteps. To follow, to go only where He is - where He has been already.

And tonight, He's doing a number on my heart.

Convicting me.

Continuously breaking and putting back together.

In a moment of weakness, His power was made perfect.

And I realized that I had been set free.

That, if given the opportunity to change circumstances, I would stay just the way I am.

Not in the static sense of the word. Not spiritually.

But in ultimate acceptance, in embracing who I have been since birth.

I found a form of healing, wrapped in a cloak of love.

And it tastes different than I ever imagined.

I am healed because my heart believes.

I am whole because I trust.

And will continue to trust... even if nothing changes.

I know who I am.

I am overwhelmed by His love.

His willingness to fight with me.

His patience with me.

His interest in the details.

His faithful, persistent, fierce love.

I am full to bursting.

And exhausted... I know this is of Him because it overwhelms me.

I am not big enough to absorb it all.

I am loved by the Creator of the Universe.

And I am in love with Him.

No comments: