Monday, September 7, 2009

climb

I can't call this a desert.

Neither is it a valley.

I am being cared for.

I can see the sun. Feel the warmth of its rays on my back.

This -

this journey I have been on for the past year -

this has been an ascent.

I am climbing a mountain.

Taking steps towards a summit.

With a heavy pack on my back and blisters on my heels and sweat dripping down my face.

I feel close.

-

I know I will reach the top and realize there's only a resting place there.

But it is a goal.

Today, that summit is what I strive for.

-

Because I see His face.

And I hear His voice.

And I feel Him moving.

I'm just ready for an overlook.

For a place to stop and rest and enjoy the beauty of His creation.

-

I understand that I would eventually need to get moving again.

But I have a deep desire to rest.

-

This has been one of the hardest summers of my life.

I understand I am being tried and stretched.

All for a purpose.

-

I have been climbing for a while now.

And it keeps getting steeper.

The way keeps getting harder.

I am tired.

-

But this is not a valley.

This is not a dry season.

-

This is a climb

No comments: