Friday, July 25, 2008

Soundtrack

In every good movie there is a scene.

The scene where the main character goes from being less to more.

From being uneducated to educated.

Awkward and gangly to a beautiful princess.

Skills are developed.

Lessons are learned (wax on, wax off).

And we sit at the edge of our seats.

Watching the transformation... hoping for the best.

And there's always a song. Playing loudly, or quietly, or changing appropriately.

As we were driving back from picking my sister up from Mississippi about a month ago, I put in my iPod and told her to listen.

There was this song.

This i song that had been playing.

One that made my heart rend a little bit whenever I heard it.

A song that made me think change was coming.

It's never really what the song says. Is it ever, really?

But I turned up the volume and Olivia rolled her shoulders back and closed her eyes. I watched her in the rearview mirror as she choreographed her dance in her mind. My heart filled with pride and joy.

But the song ignited a sense of anticipation in my soul...

Things were about to change. I could feel it. The winds were changing. Muscles needed to be stretched. New things tried.

I need to be re-educated.

I'm hoping for the best.

No comments: